While it is quite normal to shed hair each day, it is important these are replaced over time with the growth of new strands of hair. If this does not occur, thinning and baldness will become observable over time.
According to a report on the personal care market in Saudi Arabia, published by Euromonitor International in June 2016, hair care is an essential ritual in the kingdom, especially among the women. In fact, the KSA is one of the countries to have registered the highest growth in hair care product sales. The report goes on to say, “Saudi women are always on the lookout for products that can offer healthy and shiny locks, despite the fact that they need to cover it in public. For this reason, they spend heavily on good-quality hair care products, whether it is through salons or through retail channels.”
Why We Lose HairIf you’ve been wondering how to prevent hair loss, you are not alone. An average human being loses 50-100 strands of hair everyday. But the problem becomes worse if this figure begins to rise. Over styling, excessive heat, poor diet, dehydration and sleep deprivation are some of the common causes for the problem escalating. Other factors responsible for hair loss are:
- Thyroid issues
- Hormone imbalance, specifically the sex hormones in both males and females
- Side effects of some prescription medicines, such as those for depression, heart problems, cancer and high blood pressure, among others.
- Scalp infections or skin disorders
How to Prevent Hair Loss1. Don't damage your hair with
- Excessive use of hair dryers, curlers and straightners
- Excessive use of dyes and chemicals
- Hairstyles that involve pulling too tightly, like a ponytail or high bun
- Elastic bands that tug on the hair
2. Take care of your hair by
- Washing with a mild shampoo
- Combing with a good quality hairbrush
- Massaging the scalp with a nourishing oil like olive, lavender, rosemary or coconut oil
- Massaging the scalp after a shower to stimulate blood circulation
3. Eat healthy foods, such as
- Red meat, chicken and fish are good sources of iron.
- Green vegetables, such as broccoli, spinach and kale, which are rich in a variety of nutrients.
- Lean beef, seafood, eggs, poultry, beans, dairy products, soy and pork tenderloin are rich in protein.
- Citrus fruit like tomatoes, blueberries, blackberries and strawberries have Vitamin C.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are found in deep sea fish, such as tuna, salmon, and mackerel, and such be a part of your diet.
4. Change your lifestyle by
- Getting enough sleep
- Exercising and meditating regularly
- Drinking lots of water
It might take some time but if you apply these tips on how to prevent hair loss, you will see results over time. However, if you feel your problem goes beyond simple home remedies, the best option is to visit a reputed clinic for a thorough analysis and treatment.