If you’re really honest with yourself, your dearest wish is not to be rich and successful, it is to have the most beautiful skin in the world! Radiant, clear skin is its own advertisement. Everybody notices healthy, supple skin that glows – and everybody remembers it for a long time to come. Wearing youthful, fresh skin is the biggest blessing a woman could ask for.
But how many women have the good fortune to possess such perfect skin? For most women, their daily struggles with skin problems could fill the pages of a book. Despite doing everything right – drinking a lot of water, resting adequately, exercising every day, eating healthy food – many women continue to battle age spots, fine lines, oiliness and even acne.
Of these, acne is the biggest bane of all. Not only does it make the skin look unclean and undernourished, it leaves behind ugly scars that completely mar one’s appearance. If the skin is unable to heal itself adequately, the scars may become a permanent fixture on the skin. However, there are ways to help the skin repair itself and get rid of the acne scars.
There are simple acne scars treatments you can follow – and the core ingredients are already present in your kitchen! Here are some easy acne scar treatments using natural remedies:
1. Baking soda. Mix one teaspoon of baking soda in enough water to make a paste. The paste should not be too runny. Apply this paste all over the face, focussing especially on acne-prone areas. This will dry out the existing acne and clear off the surface of the skin so that more acne may not be developed. It also helps in lightening acne scars and correcting the skin tone.
2. Cucumber mash. Cucumber is loaded with a lot of nutrients and vitamins that can help the skin heal, repair and protect itself from injury, ageing and stress-related acne breakouts. It is a naturally cooling vegetable that also provides high amounts of hydration and oil absorption. This prevents acne from appearing on the skin. Besides, it has a clarifying effect on acne scars.
3. Lemon juice. Lemon exhibits mild bleaching action. When applied to a tan or dark patches on the skin, the acids present in it lighten the skin and increase radiance. Lemon juice can be applied to great effect on acne scars. Regular use helps reduce and eliminate acne scars to a large extent. It also provides hydration and nutrition for cellular repair
4. Potato juice. Like cucumber, potatoes hydrate the skin and cause a cooling effect to soothe it. Besides, potatoes also help in lightening the skin. Using potato juice on acne and acne scars reduces the incidence of both. It also restores the skin’s youthful glow and keeps it oil-free for longer.
5. Vitamin E. This Vitamin is excellent for skin health, and you can get it from various fruits and vegetables. You can even use Vitamin E tablets and capsules directly on the skin. Simply mix a tablet in water or puncture the capsule with a pin. Apply directly to the acne scars. Do this every day for lighter skin that is free of acne scars.