The scars left behind by acne can also leave deep psychological impacts. They are embarrassing and they tend to draw the eye. Women with acne scars can do anything to get rid of them – after all, who doesn’t want clear, smooth skin that defies age?
Acne scars come in for their fair share of revulsion, and there are several treatments that help with acne scars removal. You may have tried several homemade potions or masks, even gone to a doctor seeking help. Ultimately, you may have decided to opt for chemical treatments to rid your skin of the acne scars.
However, you might inadvertently be harsh on your acne scars – and thus, your skin. You may have tried harsh chemical treatments and applied bleach to lighten the scars. However, the more you expose your scars to chemicals, the darker they get. Your skin might also get damaged due to the barrage of beauty products you apply on your skin. So what should you do?
In your quest for the perfect acne scars removal solution, it is important to first be gentle on your skin so as to prevent the formation of acne. Keeping the skin happy and nourished is important. However, there are a few things you can do to help the scar removal process:
* Moisturise daily: Acne scars will stand no chance on skin that is healthy and hydrated. Apart from drinking a lot of water daily, you must cleanse your face every day and apply moisturiser that suits the skin. When skin is moisturised, it is able to repair itself faster. The skin is also able to combat acne scars with faster cell rejuvenation.
* Collagen helps. Collagen is an essential building block in the skin and hair. The skin’s collagen levels may get depleted over time, and it is necessary to restore it so that less acne, and hence less acne scars, are developed. You can give your skin a shot of collagen by infusing it with serums or creams containing Vitamin C. You can even take a Vitamin C tablet daily for good skin health.
* Eat water-based fruits and vegetables. Restore your skin’s hydration levels and elasticity by eating fruits and vegetables rich in water. These make the skin supple, reduce excess oil secretion, help cellular repair and make the skin more radiant. They also help in acne scar removal by helping the skin reduce their severity.
* Change your pillow case often. A major reason for acne is the presence of dandruff flakes, dust and other minute pollutants on bedding. Skin that is prone to oiliness can get clogged due to these pollutants, thus causing acne and acne scars. Be sure to change your pillowcase often if you suffer from dandruff and oily skin.
* Reduce stress. Acne is often caused by stress and lack of sleep. Stress can ruin your sleep cycle and digestion, thus disrupting your skin’s natural ability to heal and repair itself. Try and get at least seven hours of sleep every night and reduce your daily stress with a few minutes of meditation or an hour of exercise. This will reduce your acne and you will have no scars.